Frequently Asked Questions
What does Mystery Shopping involve?
How long does each Mystery Shopping evaluation take?
What about my payment options?
What personal qualities must GBW Mystery Shoppers have?
What resources do I need to be a Mystery Shopper?
How often will work be available?
How do I obtain Mystery Shopping work?
Will there be work available in my area?
How much work will I be expected to do?
How soon can I join GBW?
How will I know what to do?
Can I be a Mystery Shopper if I work or study full-time?
Do I have to commit to a specific date and time to complete assignments?
How long do I have to report my evaluation results?
Should I keep my evaluation records?
Do I have to provide my Social Security Number?
Do I have to provide my ABN?
Do I need to provide my IBAN, BIC and/or SWIFT?
- Registering on our website
- Logging on to the Shopper Portal
- Completing the orientation and training modules
- Searching and selecting assignments
- Downloading, printing and reading your instructions
- Visiting and evaluating the outlet
- Submitting your results within 8 hours
- Uploading your receipt within 8 hours
How long does each Mystery
Shopping evaluation take?
The evaluation itself takes about 15 minutes but you should allow ample time before your visit to read the assignment guidelines and instructions to familiarise yourself with the scenario and questionnaire. Reporting your results online can take another 15 to 30 minutes.
How will I get paid?
Monthly Payments are made via Electronic Funds Transfer to your nominated bank account.
You do not have to provide your bank account details when you register but we do require them once you are accepted as a Mystery Shopper.
How much will I get paid?
Payments vary depending on the type of assignment conducted.
When do I get paid?
Completed assignments will be paid 4 to 6 weeks after the end of the month in which the evaluations were completed. For example, evaluations completed in January, will be paid 4 to 6 weeks after January 31. As payments are made via international wire transfer, it may take several business days to be shown in your bank account. Delay might be expected due to public holidays and weekends in the recipient's country.
- Reliable - if you accept an assignment, we expect you to complete it
- Discrete - ability to conduct your assignment discretely and objectively. (Never take your forms with you or reveal your identity)
- Able to follow instructions - our paperwork is detailed and the specific observations you need to make are outlined and explained clearly
- Able to meet commitments and deadlines.
- Able to submit your response on the same day as the shop
- Easily contactable.
- Internet access is essential - we use a secure online system that lists assignments and accepts your results. All your reporting will be conducted via this website.
- An active e-mail account as this will be the main communication tool.
- A printer to print out your paperwork.
- A scanner or digital camera to provide a .jpeg of your receipt.
We also keep you informed via email when work is posted online.
Will there be work available in
We work with some of the world's biggest brands and chains with locations scattered throughout the country. Our jobs extend from major metropolitan to remote areas.
How soon can I join
Our auto-activation system will process your registration straight away. It may take up to 72 hours for us to verify your e-mail address; you will then be granted access to our Shopper Portal.
How will I know what to
Our online orientation program will introduce you to the Mystery Shopping experience. This online interactive program teaches you how to be a Mystery Shopper by simulating what you will need to do for an evaluation.
We also have client specific training modules for some programs.
Can I be a Mystery Shopper if I
work or study full-time?
Mystery shopping work is flexible with many assignments available during your lunch hour, in the evening, or on weekends. Simply choose assignments that are convenient for you.
Do I have to commit to a
specific date and time to complete
Most assignments are required to take place on a specific day within a specific timeframe so you need to plan carefully before committing to an assignment.
Reliable and proven shoppers are often rewarded with priority access to special assignments. Unreliable shoppers will be removed from our database.
If you fail to contact us within this time we will need to reassign the job and classify your job as invalid. If you do not submit your results on time, you will not be paid.
Should I keep my evaluation
Yes. We regularly perform quality and validation checks so please keep your evaluation records for at least 6 months to assist us with these processes. This includes all receipts and photographs.
Do I have to provide my Social
If you are in the USA, you have to provide your Social Security Number if you earn more than $600 per year. This information can be entered on your personal profile page on our secure Shopper Portal.
Do I need to provide my IBAN,
BIC and/or SWIFT?
If you are in the UK or Europe you are required to provide your IBAN, BIC and/or SWIFT numbers to ensure efficient and timely payment. This information can be entered on your personal profile page on our secure Shopper Portal.