How is digital automation transforming the retail industry
What is digital automation?
Well, digital automation is when a brand/company uses software and technology to automate their tasks which humans would typically do. Of course, digitization in the current day brought about many changes which we have seen panning out smoothly for the last two decades. However today, it is being used on a much larger scale to help customers get a personalized experience in the retail industry. Automation brings people, applications, devices and information together which can help look at an organization, its functioning and operations on the same radar in a more seamless manner. Reports suggest that 74% of marketers today feel digital automation in the retail industry can save time and reduce costs because it helps respond to emails, and social media queries/responses and make payments in a prompt manner. Your retail brand can also improve visibility (brand visibility) and have better customer retention through digital automation in the retail industry
Online shopping is neither new nor unexplored, e-commerce services in the retail industry are provided by almost every retail brand. However, customers are evolving and demanding a more personalized shopping experience. Therefore, retailers are adopting new and different strategies to grow. This is what has led to the growth in digital automation. Trends and customer needs have also pushed the leading retail brands in the retail industry to adopt digital automation. Digital automation has changed the way many industries function. This includes banking, insurance, and healthcare and now it has made its way to the retail industry. The primary reason we see online retailers attaining more success is because of digital automation. Their biggest advantage is that they can automate their processes and work in a more efficient manner. The retail industry is becoming more and more advanced as they find new approaches to provide a tailored experience to their customers. Digital transformation trends in the retail industry are being used to update the process where retailers can combine assets such as businesses, divisions, and new technologies. Digital automation in the retail industry allows you to do more with less. It reduces the total amount of time you need on tasks. It also allows you to spend more time on things that actually matter!
Why is digital automation important in the retail industry?
Digital automation in the retail industry allows retailers to provide for their customers’ needs. This helps them increase sales, optimize operational efficiency, and also revamp their customer’s shopping experience. Digital automation makes a retailer’s life so much easier. It makes your work more efficient and effective. Let us take a look at some of the benefits of digital automation in the retail industry:
- Time Savings: digital automation was started to reduce time and it surely works. The fact that we can make payments sitting at home, and solve queries without having to go to a store is all a part of this digital automation benefits. Customers do not want to have to go all the way to the store and stand in a queue to get an easy task completed. They want to be more independent and save time themselves. Hence, digital automation in terms of complaints or payments works like magic.
- Reduced Errors: Any task that is human-dependent is bound to have more errors than those that are automated. It is completely normal for a human to make errors which may not be the case if the task is automated.
- Increased Productivity: digital automation can help you focus on more important tasks. You, as a retail business owner will be able to concentrate on your business while the lesser important things can be taken care of by your automated systems. Therefore, it increases productivity. This works for your retail employees as well. You can section out important tasks without having to engage employees in a monotonous role that may lead to more errors and lesser productivity.
- Customer Experience: automation also helps improve your retail industry customer experience. Customers today want a good experience and through digital automation, you will be able to provide it to them. Their time is saved, and the customer needs are met in an efficient manner. They can shop independently, without hassle and interruption. It also enables customers to make payments, from pretty much anywhere.
- Data Security: this is a very important factor that digital automation caters to in the retail industry. It helps with data security. Ground-breaking problems like getting your card stolen or having your information leaked or stolen can all be taken care of through digital automation. Your retail brand will be a safe bet for your customers because you have built a stable trust with them. You on the other hand can remain stress-free knowing that your data as well as your customer’s data is safe.
Having a website or social media presence just does not make the cut today for your retail brand. Your visitors need to be converted into customers. Digital automation does exactly that by providing your customers with a great customer experience. Your goal as a retail brand should be to provide the best possible product or service to your customer while listening, interacting and attracting them with suitable offers and services. Not adhering to these factors can mean a loss in business and an unhappy lot of customers. That can take your business down. When you proactively give more attention to your customer's needs and customer demands you are bound to reach customer satisfaction. Customers today want nothing more than to be provided with a personalized shopping experience, easier payment options, better services and a more seamless experience all of which can be achieved through digital automation with a touch of human interaction of course. Digital automation benefits retail companies just as much as they help retail customers which is why you must adapt to it soon if you have not already!
SonataGBW, a leading customer experience company provides a variety of customer experience services that can transform your retail brand. With vast experience in the customer experience field, SonataGBW gloats about the massive success you as a retailer can achieve through simple measures provided by us. Our voice of customer program, mystery shopping research program, pulse surveys and 6 other customer experience services help you find out what your customer wants and specifically cater to that need. We can also find out potential silos in your retail business while giving you extensive reports on the same and guide you on how to reach customer satisfaction, customer success and customer retention through detailed surveys, metrics and analysis!
Our CX solutions are focused on transforming the total customer experience through surveys, metrics, analytics and auditing by using the CXM framework to combine physical measurements with digital Platformation™ capabilities. We are committed to finding the right customer experience strategy that can lead to a competitive advantage.
Sonata GBW is a global technology company specializing in customer experience CX measurement, platform-based digital transformation, supporting businesses to become connected, open, intelligent and scalable. Global coverage of more than 105 markets with over 27 years of market leadership through extensive measurement capabilities, powerful and intuitive reporting and analytics platforms give us the leverage to improve customer experience. It has presence across USA, Canada, EMEA and APAC regions. If you would like to know more about how we can assist you, please fill out the business enquiry form below.